We are thrilled to share the outcomes of the Bennington County Conservation District's inaugural Community Resilience Forum. Your participation and enthusiasm have been the driving force behind this initiative, and we are grateful for your commitment to a resilient future.
Dive into our Community Resource Packet, explore the insights from our live polling results, and revisit the enlightening presentations delivered to the Focus Group. All these resources are just a click away!
After a spirited round of voting and collaborative discussions, our 26-member Focus Group has chosen the top 10 topics for this year's Community Resilience Symposiums:
- Creating a Regenerative Food Commons
- Wetland Restoration
- Pollinator Habitat Restoration
- Flood Resilient Communities Grant & Program
- Resilient Energy Microgrid Power Generation & Distribution
- Stormwater Management Systems
- Improving Interagency Communication
- Stakeholder Developed K-12 Resilience Oriented Curriculum for Bennington County Schools
- Indigenous Land Use Practices
- Land Care Cooperative Community Economics & Locally Controlled Watershed Management
The journey has just begun! We'll be collaborating with our esteemed partners in the upcoming weeks to kickstart these Symposiums. Keep an eye out for more updates and get ready to be a part of these transformative discussions.
Together, let's build a resilient Bennington County!